08 June 2016

Review: LuLi & Co OSFM Fleece Cover


Description: The LuLi &  Co Fleece cover is a one-size-fits most cover, featuring a fold-down rise to adjust the size. It is made of two layers of fleece throughout and is designed to be used over flats, prefolds or fitteds. The cover fastens with a single row of snaps around the waist and features cross-over snaps which enables you to make the waist smaller.

First impressions: Previous fleece covers I've used have been of the sized, pull-up variety, so I like that this one offers more adjustability with the snap closure. Just like the SIO of the same brand, this cover seems well made, with neat even seams. The cover seems generously sized with gentle leg elastics. [Rating: 3.5/5] 

Ease of use: This cover is a little different in that it features a fold-down rise, similar to those typically used on hybrid fitteds. For those used to the snap-down rise typically found on OSFM diapers, the fold-down rise will have a slight learning curve. Bearing in mind a cover is always part of a two-step solution (ie you need an absorbent part underneath), and it does require more effort than a simple pull-on style cover, I still find this one easy to put on. It washes up well and drying time is relatively quick, which is always a bonus. [Rating: 3.5/5]  


Fit: A fold-over rise gives you more adjustability in terms of fit in my opinion as you can fold it down as far as you need to get a snug fit around baby's legs. At two years old and weighing close to 12kg, there is plenty of room to grow in the waist, but the rise is fully extended. If your toddler or baby is chunky or your night nappy super boosted, you may find the rise getting a little too short though. [Rating: 4/5] 

Value for money: These are very affordable and an excellent option for those on a budget. The fact that they are one-size and can be used over a variety of different diaper types makes them even better value for money. Great buy. [Rating: 5/5] 


Performance: We have used this cover predominantly at night and it works very well for us, keeping all wetness inside and our sheets nice and dry. Of course, as with all covers, you need to ensure that you have sufficient absorbency underneath the cover. [Rating: 4/5] 

Overall impression: I really enjoy using this cover for night time as I find fleece to be more breathable than PUL. All in all the fit is great for us, though I do think the cover could benefit from some extra room in the rise. I would recommend the LuLi & Co fleece for the budget conscious cloth diaperer who wants something that works and can grow with baby.

You can buy LuLi & Co products directly from their Facebook page. 

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I received this diaper free of charge for purposes of review, but did not receive any compensation for it and all opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and J, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. At the time that these photos were taken, J was 26 months old and weighed approximately 11.8kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.