03 June 2016

Review: Imagine OS Diaper cover


Description: The Imagine diaper cover is made of PUL and designed to be used over a variety of absorbent diapers. The edges are finished with fold-over elastic and it has a wipeable interior and double leg gussets. The cover fastens around the waist using two snaps on each wing. This is a one-size cover featuring three rows of rise snaps (to adjust the rise as baby grows.

First impressions: I love the bright solids and simple prints in the Imagine range. This dino print has been a favourite of mine for some time; I had a newborn AIO for J in the same print too. While this is an affordable product line created by the owners of Nicki's Diapers in the USA, there is absolutely nothing lacking in terms of quality. The cover seems well made and I particularly love the stretchy PUL and the colour coordinating snaps. The PUL is neither super thick nor flimsy, it's a nice medium weight. [Rating: 3.5/5] 


Ease of use: In terms of ease of use, this is a pretty straight forward cover. It can be used over flats, prefolds or fitteds. You can also choose to simply lay a padfolded flat inside, though there are no flaps inside to hold it in place. Being a single layer of PUL, it dries super fast. In between uses (and of course assuming no poop on the cover) I like to wipe the interior and air out the cover. [Rating: 3.5/5] 

Fit: The stretchy PUL helps with getting a good fit, though I did find that for us the fit was best over snappi'd or padfolded trim flats and daytime fitteds. For bulkier fitteds a slightly more roomy cut cover would give a better fit. J is on the middle rise setting in this cover and with two sets of snaps showing at the waist, so there is still plenty of room to grow. I feel like this should fit a decent range of sizes, though perhaps not the best fit on very big toddlers. [Rating: 3.5/5] 


Value for money: These covers are in the mid-range price wise (unfortunately the local price is higher due to exchange rate) and is worth it in terms of quality. It's held up pretty well over a few months of usage and still looks good as new. [Rating: 3/5] 

Performance: Performance wise this cover works very well for us - no pee or poop has managed to escape it. As with all covers, performance will be affected by the absorbency of the diaper you use underneath though. [Rating: 5/5] 

Overall impression: The Imagine range is good quality and I love that they have coordinating leggings for their diaper prints (every cloth mom's dream, right?). The stretchy PUL, soft fold-over elastics and bright colours keeps me reaching for this cover, and my dino-mad toddler also approves. If you're looking for a versatile, well made cover give Imagine a go. 


Imagine products are available locally from Mulberry Moon. Like the Imagine  page to be the first to hear of new products and prints.



Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I paid regular retail price for this diaper and did not receive any compensation for my review. All opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and J, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. At the time that these photos were taken, J was 25 months old and weighed approximately 11.8kg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.