05 November 2015

Review: ENS Bamboo/Organic Cotton Fitted


Description: The Eco Nappy Solutions Bamboo/Organic Cotton Fitted consists of two layers of a bamboo/organic cotton blend fabric with a three layer snake-style insert as well as a smaller three-layer insert made from the same fabric. The inserts snap in at the back and front of the diaper. It features four rows of rise snaps on the front and fastens with snaps around the waist. There are two snaps on each wing as well as two cross-over snaps. The edges are serged (overlocked).

First impressions:  This diaper is deliciously soft and squishy and even though I love bright colours and prints, there is just something lovely about a pure white diaper. The combination of inserts seems like it would be really absorbent. The diaper is well-made with neat finishes. [Rating: 4/5] 


Ease of use: This fitted is fairly straighforward to use - simply adjust the rise using the snaps on the front, snap in the two inserts front and back and fold the long insert to add extra layers in the wetzone according to your baby's needs (front for a boy, middle for a girl). Being a fitted it will require a cover to be waterproof. When you change the diaper, simply put it in the diaper pail, there is no need to unsnap the inserts. As with other fitteds it does take quite some time to dry, but that is typical of natural fibres.  [Rating: 4/5] 

Fit: We get a great fit with these on J and there is still plenty of room to grow as well. At 20 months old and 11kg J is on the second smallest rise setting and with the waist tabs touching in front. The fit around the waist and legs are snug, yet not too snug and it has just the right amount of coverage at the back as well. While I wouldn't call it a trim diaper, it is definitely less bulky than other fitteds I've tried. This diaper is able to accommodate extra boosting as well should you require it (we don't). [Rating: 4.5/5] 


Value for money: In terms of the fabrics used and the number of layers and absorbency level that you get from this diaper, I think it is good value for money. As is typical with most fitteds, the price is higher than other types of diapers, however bear in mind that you would typically use this as an overnight solution and so would only need to buy a few. [Rating: 4/5] 

Performance: This diaper is pretty thirsty! We use it mostly at night and it easily lasts the 10 - 11 hours that J sleeps. I would class him as a medium wetter overnight at this stage. To test the absorbency I also soaked it in water and compared the wet weight to the dry weight and found that it absorbed 412ml which is very good compared to other fitteds I've tried (refer absorbency test here).  [Rating: 5/5] 


Overall impression: I love the soft squishiness of this diaper and the clean white look. It's very thirsty and a great overnight option for us. It's definitely worth the price, especially when compared to other super-thirsty fitteds and I would highly recommend it as an overnight diaper.

You can buy Eco Nappy Solutions fitteds directly from their website. Like them on Facebook too so you can be notified of new products, prints and offers.

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission. I received this diaper free of charge for purposes of this review, however I was not compensated in any way for this review and all opinions stated above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and J, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. J was 20 months old and 11kg when these photos were taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.