03 November 2015

Review: Bam+Boo AIO


Description: The Bam+Boo One-size AIO consists of a PUL outer, micro-suede interior lining and two inserts that are attached to each end (front and back). The inserts are two layers of bamboo and one layer of microfibre. The diaper has single leg gussets and fastens with two rows of snaps around the waist as well as one hip snap to avoid wing droopage. There are four rows of rise snaps on the front to adjust the sizing.

First impressions: The Bam+Boo AIO seems well made with neat finishings and snap placements. At first glance this diaper seems fairly trim and less roomy than the Bam+Boo bamboo AI2/pocket diaper. It is available in a small selection of bright solids and prints (to be honest I wouldn't mind a bigger selection!) I particularly love the print shown here - such a happy unisex print. The white edging gives it a nice crisp look. Elastics seem nice and snug without being overly stiff. The PUL extends a little down the front and back on the inside of the diaper which should help guard against leaks. The sewn-in inserts have a very similar appearance to the regular Alva type bamboo inserts while the way it is attached to the shell is similar to the design of the Bumgenius Freetime.  [Rating: 4/5] 


Ease of use: Since the inserts are sewn in there is no need to assemble anything before putting this diaper on. This makes it a very easy and user friendly option for daycare, dads and anyone short on time. Just adjust the rise snaps and fasten the diaper on to your baby using the three snaps on each tab. I'll be honest and say that I usually just use the two front snaps on the wing - skipping the hip snap - and the diaper stays perfectly put on my active little guy. Taking the diaper off is equally simple - just un-snap and place in your diaper pail ready for wash day. The design of the sewn-in inserts and the fact that there is no sewn-in absorbency in the body of the diaper contributes to a fairly fast drying time. It's the second fastest drying AIO in my stash currently (fastest drying AIO is the Bumgenius Freetime). I like that I don't have to turn anything inside out when line drying this diaper - it dries quickly just as it is.  [Rating: 4.5/5]  

Fit: We get a great fit with this diaper on J who is currently 20 months old and weighs 11kg. He is on the second smallest rise snap setting and two rows of snaps exposed at the waist. There is still quite a bit of room to grow in this diaper and I feel like it would be a good fit on bigger toddlers too. On the smallest settings it does seem bigger than other OSFM diapers I've tried and the bum area is also quite wide which indicates that it might not give the best fit on a small baby. This is of course just speculation as I have not tried it on a small baby.  While not the trimmest AIO, it still has a nice and trim profile while also providing good bum coverage. [Rating: 4/5] 

Value for money: These are excellent value for money in my opinion and one of the cheapest AIOs you'll find on the market. Well worth it and a great stash filler.[Rating: 5/5] 

Performance: This nappy works well for us during the day time. J has recently upped his output game and I would class him as a medium wetter at the moment. Heavy wetters will need to add extra boosting and the cut of the diaper should easily accommodate extra inserts. We have not tried this diaper for overnight, though I doubt it would work for us or most toddlers. It might work for a very light wetter or young baby though. [Rating: 3.5/5] 

Overall impression: The price point and ease of use are the big selling points of this diaper. I find myself reaching for it often because of the great fit and pretty print. It is an awesome stash filler and would make a great daycare diaper. It might look a bit big on smaller babies, but should fit well on most body types once baby is a little bigger. If you have a light to average wetter (or don't mind adding a little extra boosting) and are looking to expand your stash without breaking the bank, I highly recommend the Bam+Boo AIO. 

You can buy the Bam+Boo AIO directly from their website or through one of their various resellers. Like them on Facebook to be the first to hear of new products and prints. 

Disclaimer: All image credits belong to Hippie Safari. Please do not use or distribute without my permission.  I paid regular retail price for this diaper and all opinions expressed above are my own. While I aim to provide detailed, objective reviews of all the diapers that I've used, please bear in mind that this is my opinion and that every mom has her own preferences and every baby is built differently. So what works well for me and J, might not necessarily work well for you and your baby. At the time that these photos were taken, J was 20 months and weighed approximately 11 kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Drop me a line and I'll make sure to answer any questions or comments you might have.